When it comes to making your home look and feel more luxurious you don’t have to spend a fortune. It’s important to be creative and have priorities. Here are a few ideas to get create a luxury home on a budget.
A clutter free environment is the easiest way to make your home look more luxurious.
- Get rid of furniture you no longer love or use. Lots of extra chairs and shelves stuffed into a room make it look claustrophobic.
- Keep surfaces clear. A single piece, or groups of three look best when displaying items.
- In a luxurious room the TV is never the focus.
Colours vs Textures
Luxury homes avoid using bright colours or when used they are limited to accent pieces.
- Pillows are a perfect way to add a variety of textures and dimension.
- A beautiful textured throw can be adding to a chair.
- Choosing the right paint colour can add instant elegance to a room.
There are many budget friendly ways to decorate with lighting.
- A small light placed behind a plant will create a focal point in a dark corner.
- Adding dimmers allows you to create different moods in a room.
- Switch out the standard shade that came with your lamp for a different option to help add dimension
You can make a grand statement with a single, luxurious piece of art instead of many small ones.
- A large photograph, painting, tapestry, or anything big will grab the attention of anyone entering the room.
- Create an abundant floral arrangement.
- Limit large plants to one or two and replace cheap-looking or plastic pots
Think Luxury Hotel In Private Spaces
Duplicate the look and feel of an expensive hotel room in your bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Make the bed the focal point, by investing in luxury bedding, extra pillows and cozy throws.
- Use light monochromatic colours.
- The bathroom should be spotless, with big fluffy white towels and matching robes on display.
- Limit containers and display as little bathroom products as possible.
With some creative ideas, a couple of investments in quality items, and a little work you too can have the look and feel of a luxury home while staying on a budget.